The holidays are right around the corner, and before you know it, it’s going to be New Year’s Eve. Whether you are getting together with friends or you are having a quite evening at home, chances are that after this year you are going to be ready to try a drink or two.
That’s why we have created this list of popular New Year’s Eve cocktails to try this coming holiday season. We have tried to give you a variety that you can choose from, and we have even included some fresh herbs at the end that you can try.
So let’s get to it!
- 1 wedge of lime
- 1/3 cup of Pop Rocks (assorted)
- 6 ounces of vanilla vodka
- 1 Bottle of Champagne
- 20 ounces of Sprite
- Put all of the Pop Rocks on a shallow plate. Then mix them using a fork. Use your lime to wet the glass’s rim and dip the glasses in the Pop Rocks. Do this for all of your glasses.
- Add one ounce of vodka to each of the glasses. Evenly divide your champagne between the glasses and top using the Sprite. Serve the drinks chilled.
- ½ cup of lime juice (Fresh)
- 1 cup of silver tequila
- ½ cup of orange liquor
- 1 bottle of champagne
- Lime wedges
- Combine the ingredients in a big pitcher.
- Stir well
- Run the limes around the glasses’ edges and dip rims in salt
- Divide your mix between your glasses and then garnish using lime wedges.
Mimosas (Peppermint Bark)
- 1/4 cup of melted chocolate chips (semisweet)
- 3 crushed candy canes
- 6 ounces of divided peppermint schnapps
- 1 bottle of champagne
- 6 whole candy canes
- Pour the melted chocolate on little plate. Pour your crushed candy on another plate. Dip your champagne glasses rim first into your chocolate and then into the candy.
- Add one ounce of peppermint schnapps into each of the glasses. Then top it with champagne. Garnish with the candy canes before you serve the drinks.
- 2 ounces of vodka
- 1 ounce of lime juice (fresh) fresh lime juice
- 12 ounces of ginger beer
- Fresh mint to use for garnishing
- Lime wedges to use for garnishing
- Take 2 copper mugs and fill them with ice.
- Pour one ounce of vodka and half an ounce of lime juice and then pour it into each of the mugs over the ice.
- Pour the ginger beer into each of the mugs until they’re mostly full
- Garnish using lime wedges and mint before serving
½ cup of melted chocolate chips (semisweet)
¼ cup of candy canes, crushed
6 ounces of white chocolate liqueur
4 ounces of vodka
2 ounces of peppermint schnapps
2 tablespoons of heavy cream
- Pour the melted chocolate on little plate. Pour your crushed candy on another plate. Dip your martini glasses rim first into your chocolate and then into the candy.
- Pour the chocolate that remains into your glasses’ bottoms.
- Swirl it so that the bottom third of your glasses are coated.
- Put the glasses in your freezer while the drink is prepared.
- Combine the liqueur, schnapps, vodka and cream in your cocktail shaker
- Fill the shaker to its top with ice.
- Shake it until it’s cold
- Divide your drink between three glasses.
- Garnish using candy canes
- Lemon wedges to use for rimming your glasses
- Sugar to use for rimming your glasses
- 25 ounces of Moscato
- 3 cups of pink lemonade
- 1 can of lemon-lime soda
- I cup of vodka
- 2 cups of sliced strawberries
- 1 lemon sliced into half-moon shapes
- Rim your glasses with the lemon and then dip them in sugar
- Take a big pitcher and stir together the pink lemonade, the soda, the vodka, the Moscato and the fruit.
- Add the ice and then stir to combine
- Divide it among the glasses
Sugar Cookie Martini
- ½ cup of whole milk
- ¼ cup of Baileys
- 2 ounces of vanilla vodka
- 2 ounces of amaretto
- ½ cup of vanilla frosting
- ¼ cup of sprinkles and another teaspoon divided
- Sugar cookie dough (premade)
- Preheat your oven at 350
- Line your baking sheet using parchment paper
- Roll your dough so it’s 1/4” thick
- Cut the cookies out using your favorite cookie cutters
- Place the shapes on your baking sheet and bake until lightly golden and just set, around 12 minutes.
- Allow them to cool
- With your offset spatula, spread a thin frosting layer onto your martini glasses.
- Pour ¼ cup of the sprinkles onto a plate and dip the rim into your sprinkles to coat it.
- Use your spatula to frost your cookies with the frosting and then decorate them with the remaining sprinkles.
- In your cocktail shaker, mix the Baileys, milk, amaretto and vodka. Add the ice and then shake until it’s cold.
- Pour it into two glasses.
- Garnish with the cookies.
- Candy canes – finely crushed
- 5 ounces of white chocolate liqueur
- 1 ounce of blackstrap rum
- ½ ounce of ginger liqueur
- Dip your glasses rim in the water and then in the candy canes
- Combine your rum, liqueurs, and your ice in your cocktail shaker
- Shake it vigorously
- Strain it into a prepared glass
- Serve it with a small gingerbread cookie if you would like.
- ½ cup of whole cranberries
- ¼ cup of divided granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons of kosher salt
- 1 wedge of lime for the rim
- 2 cups of cranberry juice
- 12 ounces of silver tequila
- 8 ounces of triple sec
- ½ cup + 1 tablespoon of divided lime juice
- 12 cups of ice
- Mint to use for garnish
- In medium-sized bowl, toss your cranberries with a tablespoon of the lime juice.
- Drain the lime juice out, and then toss with two tablespoons of your sugar
- Pour them onto your baking sheet so they dry
- Combine the rest of your sugar with the salt on a plate that’s shallow.
- Mix it to combine it.
- Using your lime wedge, wet each glass’s rim and dip it into the salt/sugar mixture
- Combine your tequila, cranberry juice, the rest of the lime juice, ice and triple sec in a big blender. If necessary you can work in batches. .
- Blend it until it’s smooth.
- Pour mixture into your prepared glasses.
- Garnish with mint sprigs and a few of your sugared cranberries.
Fresh Herb Cocktail Combinations to Try
One of the best things that you can do when you are creating cocktails is to add fresh herbs, since they add flavor without calories or extra sugars. Below are some popular flavor combinations that you can try.
- Watermelon or Strawberry and Basil
- Lime and Mint
- Citrus and Lavender
- Lemon and Rosemary
- Blackberry and Rosemary
- Lemon, Honey and Thyme
- Cucumber, lime and Basil
Thank you for taking the time to read our blog. We hope that you found it interesting and informative, and that you will come back and let us know if you tried any of the recipes.
Please contact us with any questions and let us know how we can help you. Look around our store, because we have many great items that you can use for holiday giving this year. We wish you happy holidays and hope that 2021 will be better for all.